We are thrilled to announce that the Call for Speakers for 2018 Credit Union Analytics Summit is now open. The deadline to apply is Nov 30th, 2017.
The 2017 Credit Union Analytics Summit was attended by over 250 data leaders, representing about 15% of the Credit Union industry by assets. We had more than 40 industry renowned Fintech innovators and authors present. We can’t wait to hear more case studies and success stories come 2018.
We welcome the highest caliber of speakers to the Summit. We hope you’ll apply to join us as one of our amazing speakers.
We look forward to hearing all about how your credit union is driving value using data. Click here to access the application.
Got questions? We've got an FAQ!
When and where is Credit Union Analytics Summit 2018?
2018 Credit Union Analytics Summit is tentatively planned for the week of March 12, 2018 at Microsoft Campus in Bellevue, Washington. Final dates will be announced soon.
Who should apply to speak at Credit Union Analytics Summit 2018?
Credit Unions and/or financial institutions employees with a story to share! We're looking for thought-leaders and trailblazers: people who are out on the front lines defining and redefining what's possible with analytics and data.
For 2018, we're especially on the hunt for stories that speak to some of the most relevant data challenges and opportunities we face:
- Agile BI
- Big data
- Cloud data
- Data warehouses
- Enterprise-wide adoption
What if I’m a vendor with a great data story? Can I apply to speak?
Speaker applications must come from full-time employees at the organization listed in the application. We sometimes accept applications from vendors especially if they have a customer along with them to present. We will also consider applications from vendors that focus on technical best practices and design. These sessions should not be about selling--at all.
I worked with a consultant/partner. Can s/he speak with me?
Generally, all speaker applicants must be full-time employees of the company they're representing. Your partner/consultant may be present to help with the Q&A at the end of a session.
What should I speak about?
There's no "right" answer here, but some topics that we are looking for include:
- Big data stories
- Industry or departmental use cases
- Innovative use cases
- How to communicate insights through great dashboard design
- How to tell compelling stories with data
- Technical talks
- IT use cases: data governance, metadata management, capacity planning, agile BI, cloud analytics
- All the other cool stuff you're building!
What do you look for in successful applications?
Here are some suggestions:
- Be specific in your session description. Make it clear what you're planning to speak about, what attendees will learn, and why it will be valuable for them. A one-sentence abstract is not what success looks like here. (Neither is a 50-sentence abstract.)
- Include business impact details. We will NOT share any of the content submitted with the applications.
- Show us you know your stuff! There are fields in the application that request background on you and your use case. Don't rush through or ignore these fields. Use them to show us that you're the real deal—someone the TC audience can learn from.
Do I get a free pass?
Yes! We offer one full summit registration per accepted session. This means if you submit an accepted session with more than one speaker, only one speaker can use the complimentary registration. The other speakers will need to buy tickets.
But it's not just about the free ticket! All customer speakers are conference VIPs, which means invitation to special speaker dinner just for you!
We do not cover the cost of airfare or hotel for customer speakers.
When do I find out if I got accepted?
We'll notify accepted speakers in January of 2018.
If I get accepted, will I be refunded the cost of my ticket if I've already purchased it?
Yes! If you’re one of our accepted speakers and you’ve purchased a ticket, we will process a full refund for you after you’ve confirmed your session.
If I get accepted, can someone else from my company do the presentation?
No. We accept people, not companies, as customer speakers. Please do not expect that someone else from your company can present on your behalf if you're accepted. We reserve the right to rescind a speaking slot if the original applicants are no longer available to speak.
I have more questions and I'd like to talk to a real human about them.
Please send an email to email@example.com and we will setup some time with one of our team members.
Speaker guidelines/terms and conditions
- By submitting a proposal, the speaker agrees to the standard copyright and reproduction terms of this event. These terms provide that copyright of original presentation material remains with the speaker. However, CULytics is granted the right to record, reproduce and distribute each presentation in all forms both printed and electronic including, but not limited to, printed attendee notes, the conference website, and audio and/or video recordings (digital and/or analog) without royalties or fees payable to the speaker. Speaker represents that they own any intellectual property they distribute.
- Speaker agrees that he/she is either the owner of the material and has permission from his/her company to make the presentation. All speaking proposals are deemed to be made on behalf of the individual speaker. As such, when a speaker changes his/her employer or organization after being invited to speak, the individual speaker is deemed to retain the invitation rather than deferring to his/her original employer.
- Speaker shall defend, indemnify and hold CULytics Client, its agents, officers, directors, and employees harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, demands, attorneys’ fees, damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, obligations, causes of action or suits arising out of or resulting from Speakers participation in the Summit.
- Sales pitches for specific vendor, services or product offerings or disparaging comments of other sponsors, speakers or attendees are strictly prohibited.
- All accepted speakers receive complimentary attendance to the event. There are no fees or reimbursements payable to speakers unless otherwise agreed in writing. All speakers are responsible for their own travel and lodging arrangements.
- Please provide your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF or PPT format by Feb 23rd, 2018. Speakers who do not meet the submission deadline risk being replaced in the Summit. Presentations will be distributed on the day of the conference to all delegates. Please include your name and contact information.
- The meeting room is equipped with a digital projector and we encourage speakers to bring their own laptop computer with their presentation and/or demonstration whenever possible. Please let us know if you will need an in-house laptop and of any other requirements you may have.
- A dry run for the all the speakers has been scheduled for the week of Feb 26th-Mar 2nd, 2018, to ensure a smooth transition flow between sessions.
- All questions regarding the event or speaker guidelines may be sent to us to email@example.com.