Earlier this week we hosted first Internal Analytics Summit at FTFCU. It was all about energizing people, encouraging collaboration, breaking down the silos and ultimately enabling businesses to become more data-driven.
The Summit was a great opportunity for all analysts and leaders to network with peers and share some of the strategies adopted in leveraging appropriate tools/ technologies that take analytics to the next level. As an attendee, they had the opportunity to visualize and learn various tools capabilities and gain valuable insights towards understanding the importance of data analytics.
The summit was attended by analysts from most of the business functions within FTFCU, including Contact Center, Retail, Capital Market, Mortgage, Card Services, Membership, Member Experience, Consumer Lending, Insurance, Investments, Finance, Marketing, HR, Risk, Compliance, and others.
Here is the agenda that we followed.
We started the summit with the keynote that covered the following.
- Using data as a strategic asset and the opportunity that we have in front of us.
- Overview of FTFCU journey. We briefly talked about what where we were yesterday (2-3 years ago), where we are today and the direction in which we are going.
- Gave an overview of the organization structure, how Digital Analytics team is organized?
- Business engagement framework that we use to engage with the business functions.
- Importance of taking actions on insights. Without action, data and insight is not of much use. Most of the times, we have found that taking action is more difficult and time consuming then actually finding the insight.
Discussion Panel led by leaders from various business functions
Here the business functions talked about how they are using data to drive their businesses. Where were they two years back, where are they today and where do they plan to be in 2 years.
EDW Overview and hands-on Lab
Here attendees where provided an overview of the EDW, Design Principles, Methodology, Roadmap, Support process and engagement methodology.
Business Use Cases from Tableau and Alteryx on financial industry
We had representatives from Tableau and Alteryx who shared interesting use-cases from financial industry.
Highlight of the Summit was the First Analytics Challenge, where more than a dozen entries that show-cased from various business functions. Each analyst was given 5 min to present their entries followed by a 5 min of Q&A from judges and attendees. This was the first time when most of the analysts presented the business problem they were trying to solve, the approach they took and the overview of the solution and the results. Judges were wow’ d by the presentations. Top 3 entries were presented with handsome prizes and the also a chance to attend and present at the Credit Union Analytics Summit in Seattle.
Overall it was a great experience for all the people involved. Every engaging conversation, lot of passion and energy, sharing of information between groups.